- Colin Farrell and Pierce Brosnan are amongst Irelands most famous
- The Titanic was originally made in Ireland
- The majority of Ireland has no postcodes
- Ireland has its own country symbol, the harp, the shamrock is also a popular symbol for Ireland
- Bram Stoker, the author of Dracula, was Irish
- Ireland was the first country to introduce the smoking ban
- Ireland is responsible for the invention of the Guinness Book of World Records
- The shortest ever Irish man was 1 foot and eleven inches tall
- Over half of Ireland’s population wear glasses
- No snakes exist in Ireland, amongst some other species
- Around 50% of the population in Ireland are young (under 25)
- The White House in Washington was designed by an Irish man
- In the Irish language, there are no words that mean ‘yes’ or ‘no’
- The most popular sport in Ireland is Gaelic football
- The Irish accent has been voted as one of the most attractive accents in the world by women
- After English, Polish is the most commonly spoken language in Ireland
- The philosophy behind why the sky is blue was discovered by an Irish man named John Tyndall
- There are two well-known delicacies in Ireland; one is battered and fried pig’s feet, which is known as Crubeens. The other is black pudding made
from pigs, sheep or cows blood and mixed with fat, breadcrumbs, milk and seasoning, which is called Drisheen
Interesting, huh? To find out more fun facts about Ireland, then find out for yourself by booking a tour with Legends of the North, who can provide you with on of the very finest VIP tours, customised to suit your interests and desires.
Our tours include the infamous Titanic tour and Belfast Ghost Walk. You choose the day, the time, the excursions and the venue and we’ll ensure you travel around in style in your very own chauffeured Mercedes vehicle.
So grab your loved ones, pack your belongings and join us on the beautiful Emerald Isle; where there is a lot of fun and laughter to be had.